History

History

History
1946 An informal meeting among the foreign steamship operator groups convened in Yokohama. At that time, a similar group, the Kobe General Shipping Committee, existed in Kobe.
1951 The Yokohama group established the Foreign Steamship Committee, the parent organization of JFSA, with its Secretariat located in the Fukoku Seimei Building in Uchisaiwaicho, Tokyo.
1953 Japanese member operators of the Kobe General Shipping Committee withdrew from the organization.  The remaining foreign ship operators change the committee’s name to the Kansai Foreign Steamship Committee.
1963 The Foreign Steamship Committee and the Kansai Foreign Steamship Committee merged.  The Foreign Steamship Committee name was retained, with its head office located in Tokyo and branches in the Kansai region and Yokohama.
1973 English name of the committee was changed to Japan Foreign Steamship Association (JFSA).
  • 2/F Takeshiba Small Ship Terminal, 1-16-3, Kaigan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0022 Japan
    TEL: 03-3432-2033 FAX: 03-3432-2066